Friday, August 19, 2011

CLEAN Program Week 1 Completed

First week is done! I can’t believe it.


I’m going to be completely honest...I’ve cheated. More than a few times. Nothing crazy, I haven’t binged, but one of my childhood friends came into town last Saturday, and I had some ice cream in the late afternoon and two cocktails late in the night. Monday I was taken out to dinner by one of my mentees, and I couldn’t find anything on the menu that would completely pass the elimination diet, so I had a salad and some tomato soup (tomatoes are a big no-no.) But I do have to say, 85% of my last 7 days has been right on track. I haven’t missed any of my supplements, and I have a shake for breakfast, and eat super healthily besides a few slip ups. I either have a shake for dinner, or aren’t hungry enough for dinner. I feel lighter, I wake up more well rested, and my itchy skin has really subsided. My clothes are fitting a little less tight, and my hair and nails are growing like crazy.


Making these shakes every morning and night is becoming a fun challenge for me. I just look in the fridge and guess what would pair well, and it turns out pretty great! Here are a few of my favorites I’ve made up:


Choco Coco

1 scoop chocolate Nourish

1 scoop Move

2 drops stevia

1 packet powdered greens

handful of dried coconut shreds

8 oz. unsweetened coconut milk


Blueberry Mint

1 scoop vanilla Nourish

1 scoop Move

heaping handful of blueberries

fist full of spinach

3 ripped up mint leaves

8 oz almond milk


Mango Coconut

1 scoop vanilla Nourish

1 scoop Move

1 packet powdered greens

1 cup mango chunks

1 drop stevia

small handful of dried coconut shreds

8oz unsweeted coconut milk



Tuesday I made homemade gluten free crackers! So easy!! You roll out the slab of dough on a baking sheet at 400 for 20 minutes, and then break it into crackers after it cools. They taste good, and I’ve been eating them with guacamole or tuna.


Kinda fun, right? I’m a nerd.



I’m finally sleeping in my own bed again! The two-week house sitting period is over. It looks like I won’t be going to Boston, but the boss loved Jackson Hole so much, that he’s buying a house there, and will send me there to settle it in. He made it sound like a vacation; I think it’ll be more like a “be there to meet the contractor” type thing. Whatever, some fresh air sounds nice, although the bustle of Boston is more my speed. Hopefully I can bring someone with me so I’m not so lonely. But, who knows when that’s going to happen so no need to worry about it now.


Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Jackson Hole is a place I've always wanted to go. Bring me! Also, I'm so proud of you for sticking to the cleanse. I'm sure that the little bit you've strayed isn't bad considering your overall goal is being met. You're doing a great job! Love you ... miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete

Get your comment on!