Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!

My mom is the best. I know everyone says that about their moms, but, I'm sorry, you apparently haven't met mine. She's sincere, sassy, classy, strong, isn't afraid to wear her heart on her sleeve, invested, educated and independent. As I get older I realize she exudes all the good qualities I strive to have. Its true that you never stop growing up. I've gotten to witness the ways she's grown as a person in the last few years, and I'm so proud of her. She has been through a lot in her 39 years (haha) and she continues to perservere and get stronger, more compassionate, and just plain awesome (which I don't know how that's possible because she has always been the greatest).

At this time in my life, I am overwhelmed by her willingness to just be there for me. I take that for granted. I just recentled discovered that that's the quality I need the most, yet I don't even think about it, and I'm sorry for that. She has always been there for me WHENEVER, and will drop everything. I have never not been able to get a hold of her, or not get her love or encouragement. She has abounding energy for me. Its literally unbelieveable. She never grows weary or tired of me or my sisters' dumbness. She never wants to "get away" from us, I don't recall ever hearing her say or insinuating that she "doesn't have time" for something we need or want. She will spend her last dime and the only free minute of her day to make us happy and healthy.

So, to my mommy on this day and always, I love you with all my heart. Thank you for what you have taught me, the ways you've helped me, your encouragement and your stubbornness, your completely unconditional love, and for always being there. I realize more and more everyday how your sacrifices and love have shaped who I've become and who I've becoming, and I'm so grateful to have a mommy who's not only loving, kind and a good listener (among many other things), but a really great friend. I hope you know how much you are loved. I am so proud of the person I am, and I owe it completely to you.

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet, Ashley Lynn. I know that our mommy sure appreciates your sentiments ... and I share them with you! We are certainly lucky girls. I hope that I can be as good as mommy when I have the opportunity to have children of my own.

    LOVE YOU pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete

Get your comment on!