Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Heart Ellen

If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE Ellen DeGeneres. I have loved her show from the beginning, and for the last 2 seasons (since I've discovered the wonderful world of the DVR) I haven't missed one single episode. She is everything I want to be in a person, and she is a tremendous and awesome influence on her audience, the entertainment industry, and the world.

Ellen has been having a busy TV season so far. Her issue of O Magazine comes out in 2 days, and she was just on Oprah's show to speak about the issue, her life, and how her and Oprah are now real life friends. :) I had the privilege of watching the interview via youtube today at work, and have a few observations.

1) Ellen and Portia have a beautiful relationship, and they fit each other so well. You can just tell by their body language and the way the speak to and about each other that their relationship is healthy and really really inspiring.

2) Oprah is a freaking force. I have never seen an episode of Oprah in my life. I watch some bits of interviews and I hear stories, but good Lord. The opening of the episode, Oprah walks out onto the stage and the first thing she does is open her arms out to the crowd in a "the hills are alive with the sound of music" style. The audience (middle aged women) go BONKERS. They are clapping in the air, jumping up and down, there is some serious energy like they are at a Tony Robbins convention. Its incredible.

3) She then goes on to conduct the interview in the most captivating way. She is just talking about random, kind of mundane things, but she brings out the most beautiful answers and says all the right things you can't help but think, "She is soooo right."

Go and watch the interview if you have the chance. Search Ellen on Oprah 9/9/09.

1 comment:

Get your comment on!