Friday, January 22, 2010

American Idol: Season 9 CHICAGO and ORLANDO

I'm melding these two cities together because there really wasn't that much excitement between the two of them. They both are great cities, and are always promising, but alas, nothing earth shattering.

Chicago, I can't even remember what happened there it was so uneventful. I remember a montage of a lot of people pissed off towards the camera for not getting chosen, and the golden tickets were slim.

In Orlando, I was hoping to see people that I knew!! :( None. Maybe next season, right guys? (We always say that, don't we?). But, there were a few stand outs. I liked the story of the guy with the autistic son, even if it did seem like they were stretching for a story and putting the little boy in an awkward situation. The dude had a good voice though, and a great heart. The last audition of day 2 was my favorite. His story was a bit lame ("I did 4 years in jail for robbing a bank with a bb gun." Really??!) but the minute he busted out that Ray LaMontagne, I melted. What a great song to choose, and he sounded great. If he keeps those kinds of tunes up, like Kara said, he'll go to the top 12 for sure.

This coming week is Los Angeles, at the Rose Bowl. Grr. I should've taken off that day and went. I hope there's some good people! Adam Lambert came from the LA audition last year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your comment on!