Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You Know You're Broke When You...

All of the below I have actually done within the last year. And no, they aren't from Suzie Orman. They have genuinely been compiled by yours truly.

1) Purchase a hamburger with your credit card.
2) Have to get a cash advance to pay your rent.
3) Subscribe to the LA Times Sunday Edition for $4 every 6 months just for the coupons. (I literally don't read any other part of it, except I sometimes keep the crossword puzzles.)
4) Sleep on an air mattress in your $800 apartment room for 7 months because you can't drop $500 for a bed and/or mattress.
5) Have to keep your horrible, time consuming job because you have $1400 worth of debt to pay every month.
6) Have to transfer money from your savings more than three times a month.
7) Use all of your tax return towards your credit card payment and it still only pays for a fifth of it.
8) Resort to eating 7 month old soup and crackers from crafty in your bungalow because you can't go out and buy lunch.
9) Can only fill up your gas tank to $10 every time you go to the pump.
10) Force yourself to work 14 hours a day to get the overtime money.

FML. Actually, more like L is Fing Me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry love ... I know that life sucks sometimes! I am struggling myself and the only suggestion I have is to make sure you're living as minimally as possible. LOVE YOU! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Get your comment on!